Project Fred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainstorming and meeting space for Project Fred

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Castle first try

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chelseaSuarez

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey, I finished modeling the first pass of the castle today. There are some issues with some of the towers not being as smooth as they should be, which hopefully someone more maya-proficient can help me with.

Castle first try Castlefirsttry

I also didn't put the door in the front of the wall around the castle, cause I can't reaaaaaaaaaaaally remember how to do that :I And I think I might do some kind of little fancy entrance type thing built out of the wall for that. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Just kidding I made a better one.

Castle first try Castletry2

John gave me some tips earlier, and I messed around with it a bit. Any kind of critique/help would be great, and I also posted the maya file to dropbox if anyone wants to fiddle around with it. The gate kinda looks like a pool floatie to me :I Still gotta do some kind of something for the entrance, but I'm still having issues with artifacts around the uh...square bits? I dunno what to call those.
Back to top Go down
Deammer
Admin

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Looks great! I don't think the artifacts on the walls/bulwarks are an issue, they actually give more personality to the castle.

As for the door, you can cheat a little: model the door by itself, and then move it to the wall. That way you don't need to cut a hole in the wall and deal with all the vertices that will for sure leave artifacts, and not the good kind this time.

Just some ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

That's what I kinda figured I'd do with the door, haha. I know Cameron already has a drawbridge modeled so I can possibly add that to what I have now.

And John emailed me and said that he fixed some of the artifacts around the bricks, but I can't open the file he sent :/ I'll post up an updated screencap when I get it.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Ok, so I tried changing up the castle a little bit so that it doesn't look as much like a Fischer Price playset:

Castle first try Changinupthecastle

I can't really figure out if I like this or not, but I think the castle does need to have a little more character than my previous models. Also, the version of this before I altered it (like the previous picture) is up on dropbox, in case anyone wants to fiddle around with it a bit and see what they can do. It's in the environment folder, called "castle attempt 2"
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 am

I tried a straight and narrow approach (despite that I told Chelsea to go for cartoony)

need to fill in the back but this is kinda where i'm at. taking suggestions.

Castle first try Castle10

Castle first try Castle11

Back to top Go down
LongNguyen

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm

How about 4 pillars total, add two in back. There'd be only one shot we would see the castle from back, that be the extreme long shot when we see the knight and horse go up the mountain and there is a castle in the distance (there as a point of reference when knight back tracks)

In our opening sequence, let's keep our camera move towards the front, don't show the back side- save modeling buildings for the back.
Heck, there could be a open field in the back.
Castle first try Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am

I like how you incorporated the windows into the tower. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Castle first try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle first try   Castle first try I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castle first try
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Fred  :: Environments :: General & Discussion-
Jump to: