Project Fred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainstorming and meeting space for Project Fred

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

stuff to go in the prince's room

Go down 
+3
jonSelf
Vincent Lo
chelseaSuarez
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chelseaSuarez

stuff to go in the prince's room Empty
PostSubject: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:51 pm

This topic is for any sketches/models of anything to go in the prince's room. If you have any ideas or already have anything modeled out, please post a screencap or something here so we can all look at it, and everyone please give feedback!

I didn't know exactly what was supposed to go in the room, so I modeled this little table from the original sketch concept of his room that I did:

stuff to go in the prince's room Somekindatable

I know there's a little artifacting going on in some of the inner corners, but once again, I'm not too sure how to fix that. If anyone can help, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I modeled a chair to go in the prince's room, with the vanity that I modeled from the other day. It's still got a few issues going on, but I don't have any more time to work on fixing them right now.

stuff to go in the prince's room Chair

Seriously, I really need to get some feedback. Someone critique this.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 pm

I can try to fix the artifacts, if you want.

I think they look really nice.
The only thing I might suggest is adding a thin lip on the top of the table. (Hopefully, that makes sense, but, if not, it's fine the way it is.)
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh my goodness, that would be awesome if you could help fix the artifacts ;__; And yeah, I think a lip on the top of the table would be good, I'll try to add that.

Do you want me to email you the maya files or something?
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:37 pm

chelseaSuarez wrote:
Oh my goodness, that would be awesome if you could help fix the artifacts ;__; And yeah, I think a lip on the top of the table would be good, I'll try to add that.

Sure.
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am

Don't worry about the little bit of artifacting on these. Since we're really only messing with npr rendering it won't matter as near as much. As long as you can get the form of the models the way you want then that is fine. Remember that the outlines we're going to put on these will follow the smooth form of the models.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am

jonSelf wrote:
Don't worry about the little bit of artifacting on these. Since we're really only messing with npr rendering it won't matter as near as much. As long as you can get the form of the models the way you want then that is fine. Remember that the outlines we're going to put on these will follow the smooth form of the models.

Ok cool. I didn't know how big of a deal the artifacts would be.
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

chelseaSuarez wrote:

Can you guys please upload your files to the "working" folder on the Google Docs? I want to keep a repository of files so we can always have copies to revert to. Also, save in iterations.

Example:

fileSave1.mb
fileSave2.mb
fileSave3.mb

etc.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Yeah, sure I'll do that right now.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Vincent Lo wrote:

The only thing I might suggest is adding a thin lip on the top of the table. (Hopefully, that makes sense, but, if not, it's fine the way it is.)

stuff to go in the prince's room Tableupdate

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:10 pm

for inspiration

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/16/58/33/37/victor12.jpg
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 am

So I made a bookshelf, and I thought it would look cool with a...fancy thing? on top:

stuff to go in the prince's room Bookshelf

But then I kinda hated it, so I took that off:

stuff to go in the prince's room Bookshelf2

But now I think the bottom one's kinda boring, but better than the first one. Dunno, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm

I just don't even know what to do with this anymore.

stuff to go in the prince's room Ijustwhat

Also these outlines are refusing to work with me in some places
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

stuff to go in the prince's room Props10

Just a little bit more stuff. Any comments appreciated.

Any other ideas, too?
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 pm

lamp, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 am

stuff to go in the prince's room Props210

More stuff...
Back to top Go down
Director
Admin

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am

Great job! These look adorable.
Back to top Go down
sjt072000

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Don't know how difficult it would be, but what about a pink teddy bear?
Back to top Go down
RichardBenavides

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:23 pm

I made a round pillow based on the sketches but I haven't added any tassels:
stuff to go in the prince's room Roundp10

This is a simple closed book that could be used to populate the book shelf:
stuff to go in the prince's room Book12
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Toonshaded the bookshelf and chair:

stuff to go in the prince's room Bookshelftoonshaded

stuff to go in the prince's room Chairtoonshaded
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

stuff to go in the prince's room Wall210

Here are the walls so far... Looks very prison-like as of now...
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Haha, it does look a bit prison-like. Maybe try using just a few rocks sporadically on some parts of the walls?
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm not a fan of the stones. How about adding some molding about waist high and just put shaders on the walls? Also, we should definitely check the scale of everything.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm

jonSelf wrote:
I'm not a fan of the stones. How about adding some molding about waist high and just put shaders on the walls? Also, we should definitely check the scale of everything.

molding?

I'm not a fan of the rocks either, but it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:41 pm

molding

ever heard of crown molding? some molding is about waist high. check my first render tests i uploaded. look at the walls in that. real simple, but looks decent. my opinion, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stuff to go in the prince's room   stuff to go in the prince's room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stuff to go in the prince's room
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next