Project Fred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainstorming and meeting space for Project Fred

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Keep Model(s)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vincent Lo

Dragon Keep Model(s) Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Img110

Still need to fix up the entrance.

I'm thinking of modeling the entrance in a separate file with a little more detail.

Any suggestions? Concerns?
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Holy dang, that looks great. I think the entrance looks rad as it is, but if you want to fix it up, go ahead I guess!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Keep_012

Roof of the entrance is still meh.

Dragon Keep Model(s) Entran14

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 am

Haha, I don't even know what to tell you, cause it looks awesome to me XD
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 am

Throw a brightness shader on there, then a pfx toon outline (Toon menu in Maya). Make sure "profile lines - tighter profile" and "crease lines" are turned on in the material attributes. See how that looks. If you can't figure it out no big deal. I'm wanting to meet with all of the modelers before Monday, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Keep_013
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:49 pm

gorgeous
Back to top Go down
Director
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 am

Ahaha, yes. This is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Pathwa12

Working path to Dragon's Keep. Critiques?
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 am

the lighting is crazy. that's my next big thing to tackle after the models are done. can you upload your files to google docs? let me know if you can't.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Pathwa13

I lightened up the shadows to get rid of the huge contrast.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Entran15

I added some more rocks.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Looks nice! Did you add any lights to change up the contrast, or did you just change the colors on the shaders?
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 pm

chelseaSuarez wrote:
Looks nice! Did you add any lights to change up the contrast, or did you just change the colors on the shaders?

I just played with the shaders. The ground has it's own ramp shader instead of a toon one. Then I just made everything purplier. (For some reason colors appear differently on my laptop...)
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Cool. I was just curious. I don't really have any idea how the toon shaders will react with lights, haha.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm

chelseaSuarez wrote:
Cool. I was just curious. I don't really have any idea how the toon shaders will react with lights, haha.

Yeah, my advice is to tweak the shaders more than the lights.
Lights seem to have little influence over the scene...
Back to top Go down
jonSelf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/showthread.php?2218-Toon-Solid-Shader-and-hard-shadows

I will post more info asap. But we might have to build our own shaders by editing ramp shaders.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Dragon Keep Model(s) Light_10

Too dark? I'm not sure about the direction of the light also... Meh.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Definitely not too dark. I like the extra shadows you added, makes it look a bit more ominous. I think the purple you're using as a base might be a bit too bright though. Try making it bluer maybe?
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

Dragon Keep Model(s) Oversh10

Dragon Keep Model(s) Pathwa10
Back to top Go down
Vincent Lo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

Dragon Keep Model(s) Pathwa11
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Oooh, very nice. I like the pebbles and cracks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deammer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 pm

^ ditto. The bright pebbles just bring the whole scene out. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Director
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I like it. Awesome work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Keep Model(s)   Dragon Keep Model(s) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Keep Model(s)
Page 1 of 1