Project Fred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainstorming and meeting space for Project Fred

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animation Deadlines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deammer
Admin

Animation Deadlines Empty
PostSubject: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Hey guys,
good job on the progress I've seen so far, it's all looking good!

Here are the deadlines the director and I have set for out team:

June 27:
paper animations pretty much done

July 6:
everything translated into Flash and colored
backgrounds incorporated by Wednesday

July 13:
all the scenes put together to create the movie's first pass
spend the week incorporating the 3D elements

July 20:
have the movie basically done!
spend all our time improving, tweaking and post-producing.

If this sounds like we're moving really fast... that's because we are. We have about 5 weeks left, and we are the center of production. We are the guys who make the short look awesome.

As usual, let me know if you need anything, have a problem or want advice,

Maxime
469-449-3275
mxp079000@utdallas.edu
Back to top Go down
chillichico214

chillichico214

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:26 pm

In both Toon Boom and Flash, I am STILL having trouble figuring out how to blend layers like a multiply effect in Photoshop. Every Google tutorial just says what it does but not how to do it. RAWR!
I know that Flipbook does it automatically but each time I use Flipbook I run into frame size glitching and errors No
HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Deammer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey Nathaniel,

in Flash i'm pretty sure you can't blend layers the way you want, that's just not one of the program's features.
Did the books Bruce give you not help at all?
I've always used Flipbook for this kind of thing, and it's never crashed on me.

You might wanna try scanning all your frames, putting them into Flash and then drawing the lines again using the brush tool on a different layer. That's something we'll have to do anyway..
Back to top Go down
chillichico214

chillichico214

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I'll probably mess with Flipbook again since that's what I know best. Then I'll try the flash thing.
Back to top Go down
zach.stambaugh

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 pm

If you're referring to how (for instance) flipbook preserves the opaque of pencil marks while leaving the white of paper translucent, then I can pretty much confirm that flash doesnt have that feature. I would suggest putting together your animation in flipbook, then exporting it in a video format, then finding a freeware [videoFormat]-to-.flv converter. Then you'll be able to import your animation into flash and simply trace it in flash.

Hope this helps!

-Zach
zachary.stambaugh@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
LongNguyen

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 pm

To elaborate on what Zach said, the process of flipbook to flash goes like this:

1) time your animation using flipbook
2) From flipbook, export as .mov
3) Using Adobe Media Encoder (any version), convert from .mov to .flv or f4v (either one okay)
4) Drag your .flv/.f4v file onto flash
5) In 'import video' prompt, choose 'Embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline'
6) Hit 'next' and 'next' again.

If needed, I can show you guys which buttons to push in class.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animation Deadlines   Animation Deadlines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animation Deadlines
Page 1 of 1