Project Fred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainstorming and meeting space for Project Fred

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LongNguyen

Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d Empty
PostSubject: Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d   Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Once the cleaned up animation is done, it is time for compositing- layering assets on top each other.

The majority of our compositing will be done like this:
The bottommost layer is the background.
The topmost layer is the character animation.

Chelsea tells me that the 3d backgrounds lose quality when composited in Flash, so we'll work with after effects to maintain quality in everyone's work.

I'll take on some of the compositing work.
I'll just need the 3d rendered file, the highest quality .bmp, .tiff, or .tga
And the Flash animation as .mov with alpha channel.

Flash artists need to export their work without the background on the stage.
Where the stage is blank is where the transparency, or alpha, comes in.
(Think of how there would be a checkboard pattern in photoshop if nothing was there)
File > Export >Export Movie > 'save' (a new window pops up)
Check 'Ignore stage color'
Click 'Export'

Make sure work is 1920x1080. If we need to fall back to 720p, that can be done in post.

Let me know what files to look for on dropbox or google docs; I can work from home.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d   Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Ok, I'll re-render the background images for the prince's room and get those to you by tomorrow. I dunno where the animation sequences are, you'll have to ask Max. I think some of them are in dropbox though.
Back to top Go down
chelseaSuarez

PostSubject: Re: Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d   Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Ok, all the renders for the prince's room are in the dropbox under animation>prince's room backgrounds

The only shot I didn't re-render was the shot of the doorknob turning, because Max animated over that in flash already and I thought it looked fine.

I also don't have the zoom in from the beginning, because that's a camera movement, and we need the castle also for that. So we'll have to talk to Jon to figure out how that's gonna work.
Back to top Go down
LongNguyen

PostSubject: Re: Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d   Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Okay thanks. I'll get the AE files ready for the merge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d   Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preping files for compositing 2d on 3d
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Fred  :: Animation :: General & Discussion-
Jump to: